The new 2M headshell is a practical and elegant solution for our customers who wish direct and easy mounting and replacement on their tonearm. The combination of 2M Headshell and 2M Series cartridge adds unique distinction to the turntable!
The 2M Series of cartridges from Ortofon have been designed for precise and accurate retrieval of the information in the record groove. Indeed, it is Ortofon's lasting philosophy to only ever play the recorded sound, without colouration.
The pre-existing range of 2M cartridges have rapidly been established as a reference point for all good moving magnet cartridges. From the introductory Red, through to the high-end Black; 2M is now a go-to name in moving magnet technology.
2012 sees Ortofon open up new markets within the same design principle of 2M. The 2M 78 and 2MMono offer users of older, rare vinyl a higher-quality playback medium than had previously been available.
The 2M Mono features anÌ_improved Mono engine, which provides a high level of sonic accuracy. The meticulously cutÌ_R 18åµm Nude Spherical stylus is also an optimal solution for playing mono microgroove vinyl records. Re-open a whole world of Mono recordings with 2M.
- Universal mount fitting a wide range of tonearmsÌ_
- The headshell body is manufactured from a special compound used for Medical industry, ensures high rigidity while reducing unwanted vibration
- Elegant hi-tech design
- Length 52mm. Headshell with a 2M cartridge pre-mounted provides correct Baerwald alignment with Ortofon TA-110/210, likewise with the major part of tonearms with universal mountÌ_
- Weight 16,9g, weight with a 2M cartridge pre-mounted 23g
- Exclusive plug-and-play solution
Key Technical Data:Ì_
|Output Voltage (at 1kHz, 5cm/sec):
|Frequency Range (at -3dB):
||20 Hz - 22 kHz
|Tracking Ability at 315Hz:
|Stylus Tip Radius R:
|Tracking Force Range:
||1.6 - 2.0g (16 - 20mN)
|Recommended Tracking Force:
|Cartridge Colour Body / Stylus:
||Black / White
|Replacement Stylus Unit:
||Stylus 2M Mono
*Product description, details and specification subject to change. Please check the manufacturer's website for the most recent information. Errors and omissions excepted.